100.1 GO FM - We're Your Feel Good Pop Station

Shakeup at city hall: Kefalas leaving post as Yellowknife’s SAO

The City of Yellowknife announced some changes to its administrative staff Wednesday night.

At his own request, Dennis Kefalas will be leaving his post as the city’s senior administrative officer after almost four years in that role.

Dennis Kefalas, the city's senior administrative officer.
Dennis Kefalas, the city’s senior administrative officer.

Effective October 10, Kefalas will return to his previous role as director of public works and engineering.

Chris Greencorn, the current director of public works, will assume a managerial role in the same department at his own request.

All transfers have been approved by Mayor Mark Heyck and council.

“These changes will allow us to retain these veteran employees’ considerable skills and corporate knowledge which will help us to continue to provide residents with a high level of service in public works operations,” said Heyck.

Kefalas has worked as the city’s senior administrative officer since November 2012 when he accepted an acting position. The job became permanent four months later in March 2013.

An engineer by trade, Kefalas made the request to transfer back to public works when the director position became available earlier this month.

Kefalas will continue to serve as acting senior administrative officer until his position can be filled.

Mike Gibbins
Mike Gibbins
Hello and thank you for listening to 100.1 Moose FM! To contact me, you can email me, find me on Twitter or call (867) 920-4663.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Yellowknife group calls out for support on No More Loopholes Act

A local advocacy group are calling on territorial and federal leaders to stand behind a proposed law aimed to prevent unregulated weapons and weapon component exports into the U.S. The group is hoping that leaders will back Bill C-233 to help prevent the unregulated movement of weapons.

Federal Environment Minister warns health of Mackenzie River Basin at risk

In an announcement issued last week, federal Environment Minister Julie Dabrusin acknowledged that the critical basin is facing “water quality, quantity” challenges due to industrial activities and climate change. "[T]he health of the river basin is challenged by impacts to water quality, quantity and traditional use due to industrial activities, and by climate change impacts such as increasing sediment from melting permafrost and changes to aquatic species,” said Minister Dabrusin.

Power outages in Fort McPherson and Inuvik

Two northern communities in the NWT experienced power outages this morning, but both issues have been resolved according to the Northwest Territories Power Cooperation. 

Areas of NWT’s north and south facing wind chill values as low as -60

Environment Canada has issued extreme cold alerts for northern and southern areas of of the N.W.T. with wind chill temperatures as low as minus 60 forecasted to extend into mid week.“A period of very cold wind chills near minus 50 will begin tonight and continue until Wednesday or Thursday,” read a message from forecasters with the agency

Young women and gender diverse leaders wanted in the North

The YWCA NWT and the Fora Network for Change are co-hosting two public events this week focused on advancing “equitable, inclusive” leadership opportunities for young women and gender diverse leaders in the North.