Ice Pilots NWT wins Canadian Screen Award

Ice Pilots NWT won Best Factual Program or Series at the Canadian Screen Awards in Toronto on Tuesday evening.

The show, which ended its six-season run last fall, featured Northwest Territories airline Buffalo Airways.

Star Buffalo employee Mikey McBryan was in Toronto to collect the award.

The History Channel show had been up against Cold Water Cowboys, Emergency Room: Life + Death at VGH, Scam City, and Tessa & Scott.

This year’s Canadian Screen Week reaches a climax with Sunday’s live broadcast gala, but some awards – like that won by Ice Pilots NWT – are handed out earlier in the week.

The Canadian Screen Awards, run by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television and first staged in 2013, were formed when the Gemini Awards (TV) and Genie Awards (film) merged.

Ollie Williams
Ollie Williams
Hello! I'm the one with the British accent. Thanks for supporting CJCD. To contact me, you can email me, find me on Twitter or call (867) 920-4663.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Carney said Canada was attacked, pointed to divisions inside Trump administration

Prime Minister Mark Carney said Canada was under economic attack Saturday after trade negotiations collapsed, new U.S. tariffs took effect and he suggested divisions inside U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration contributed to the breakdown.

Canada vows dollar-for-dollar retaliation as 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs take effect

Canada suspended trade negotiations with the United States and pledged dollar-for-dollar retaliation as additional 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs took effect early Saturday on about $28 billion in Canadian goods.

Prince George plane lost engine power before fatal crash, investigators say

A plane that made a fatal emergency landing on a Prince George road Thursday lost power in one engine before colliding with four vehicles, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada said.

Temporary suspension of labour and delivery services in Inuvik extended

The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority has announced that they will be extending the temporary suspension of labour and delivery services at the Inuvik Regional Hospital.

Planned ignition underway in Behchokǫ̀

NWT Fire has announced that wildfire crews and aircraft will be in Behchokǫ̀ on Friday, August 21 to work towards a planned ignition.