The Explorer Hotel is fully operational Tuesday after a minor playing with a lighter set fire to a book in one of the rooms causing the hotel to be evacuated according to the city.

RELATED: Explorer Hotel evacuated following fire Monday night

At around 8 p.m. Monday a fire broke out in a room on the second floor. The hotel and restaurants were evacuated.

The hotel’s general manager Karl Schaefers told Moose FM that the majority of the damage was caused by their sprinkler system kicking in during the fire, which Yellowknife Fire Division says had extinguished most of the fire when they arrived.

Water was dripping from the ceiling into the lobby following the incident.

“We are fully operational again. The lobby is a little bit wet, that’s it,” Schaefers said.

“Everything is working, even the elevators are working.”

While he could not comment on the cost of the damage, Schaefers said the extent of it was water damage on the second floor and in the lobby. The room where the fire started is also damaged.

No injuries were reported.

Inside the Explorer Hotel Monday night. The hotel was evacuated after a fire eyewitnesses say started in a room on the second floor. (Gabriela Panza-Beltrandi/Moose FM).