City of Yellowknife to host a free concert for Canada Day
Summer is coming and that means plenty of events to keep you busy. The latest to be announced? A free concert set to take place on Canada Day.
The event, which is presented by the City of Yellowknife, will take place at Somba K’e Civic Plaza starting at noon on July 1.
“We are fortunate to live in a very multicultural city,” read a news release from Mayor Mark Heyck. “Enjoying Canada Day on the shore of Frame Lake in the beautiful Somba K’e Civic Plaza is a wonderful way to celebrate with all our neighbours.”
The Moose has learned that the following indigenous, francophone, and children’s performers will be a part of the concert:
- Noon – 12:10pm NWT Pipe Band (Main Stage)
- 12:10 – 12:35pm Welcome – MP, Premier, Mayor & Chiefs (Main Stage)
- 12:35 – 12:55pm CIBC Reaffirmation Ceremony (Main Stage)
- 1:00 – 1:20pm Yellowknives Dene Drummers (Main Stage)
- 1:20 – 1:40pm Yellowknife Circus Club (Lake Side Stage)
- 1:40 – 2:40pm Charlotte Diamond (Main Stage)
- 2:40 – 3:00pm Bella Beats (Lake Side Stage)
- 3:00 – 3:45pm Exelda (Main Stage)
- 3:45 – 4:15pm TBD (Lake Side Stage)
- 4:15 – 4:35pm Yellowknife Circus Club (Lake Side Stage)
- 4:40 – 5:10pm Catherine Barlow & Yves Lecuyer (Main Stage)
- 5:30 – 6:30pm Daniel Wesley (Main Stage)
- 7:00 – 8:30pm Matt Andersen (Main Stage)
- 9:00 – 11:00pm Bruce Cockburn (Main Stage)
If you plan on attending, be sure to bring a lawn chair, a blanket, or you could stand. Besides a free concert, activities will include a giant waterside, bouncy castles, and face painters.