Hay River bridge repairment set to last full calendar year
GNWT's map of the bridge's detour during the construction. (GNWT
The Hay River Pine Point Bridge rehabilitation is set for this fall.
During that time, traffic along highway five will be detoured through the older CN Bridge.
A list of restrictions includes:
- Single Alternating lane – 4.5 meters wide maximum (No wide loads will be permitted).
- Overweight loads – Permit applications will be accesses on case to case basis.
- Construction zone speed – 15 km /hr.
- One way alternating traffic flow will be managed by traffic signals at each end of the bridge.
- Flag persons will be used when manual traffic control is required for construction operations and emergency vehicles.
- Intermittent traffic interruption up to 15 minutes will be required.
- Observe reduced speed limits within the construction zone. Double fines will be applied.
- For any further information please call the road information line at 1-800-661-0750 or click here.
The October repairment is scheduled to run for a full calendar year, leading into October/2019.