2019 best garden competition winners announced
The winners in the seven categories for the Miracle Grow Best Garden Selection Competition have been chosen. A volunteer panel of community judges visited over twenty gardens and properties around the city to select Yellowknife’s best garden.
Judging of the 2019 Scotts Miracle-Gro Best Garden Selection took place on August 5th. Criteria for judging included garden health, maintenance, design and use of space.
Winners of the 2019 Scotts Miracle-Gro Best Garden Selection are:
- Front yard/Curb appeal – Vic Fontanilla – 162 Dagenais,
- Flower Garden – Ilona Legler – 655 Anson,
- Vegetable Garden – Justin and Jenn Hazenberg – 10 Tees Court,
- Container Garden – Patricia Lacroix – 279 Borden,
- Tiny Garden – DND Building – Side Entrance,
- Rock Garden – Gail Leonardis – 1 Jason Court,
- Bee Friendly – Bonnie Logsdon – 3901 Bryson Drive.
Winners will receive a special Best Garden Selection sign and a prize pack courtesy of Scotts Miracle-Gro.
Residents are invited to participate in the annual Community Garden Tour scheduled for 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 11th. Following the tour, Music in the Park will be featured in the Somba K’e Civic Plaza with a performance by NARA and a magic act by Matthew Curtis.
A map of participating gardens will be available on the City’s website by Friday, August 9th.